Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino, Martin Scorsese, and now....Cameron!

This video was very informational! I personally had no idea that elementary age students had technical knowledge anywhere near as advanced as Cameron's. It is exciting to think that there are so many different ways to present information to students and that they already know a great deal about new technologies. I think technology allows children to be better involved in what they are learning and keeps them engaged.

When I was in elementary school little to no technology was involved in the classroom. There were no computers in any of the classrooms but one lab that each class would visit once a week. I think that the lessons presented to me would be much more interesting and easier to understand if there was some sort of technology used. Technologies also allow teachers and students to interact with each other.

I hope to use some of the ideas in this video in my own classroom. It has always been important to me to present information in numerous ways so that children of different backgrounds and learning styles all have a chance to have a connection. I also feel that if students could help present information to their fellow classmates that they would better understand them selves since the best way to learn is to teach others.

1 comment:

  1. Providing differentiated opportunities for students to consume, process, and share their learning is a BIG reason to utilize different technologies effectively. Glad you are realizing this already! :-)

    ReplyDelete